Sunday, December 19, 2010

Documentation and buying

Hi again,
The first chapter of the Land Cruiser is about a Nissan Patrol. I have always been a fan of the old K160 Patrols (3.3 diesels) and wanted one of those. I started searching for such a vehicle in January 2010. There was quite a large number of cars I really wanted to have but somehow lost each and every one of them. Here are a few examples:


After a couple of months I realised that all of the K160s on the market are either complete rust boxes or very expensive for me. On a side note I always had a huge amount of respect for the 70 series Land Cruiser after seeing it in action and up close. At first I didn't even bother to look after Toyotas thinking they would be well over budget. Accidentally I stumbled upon a dirt cheap one (a white '89 with winch and mud tires). Here's a few pics. (from the site I found it on)


This was a huge turning point in my search for a 4x4. Right there I knew that I had to have a Land Cruiser. That particular car has been sold but others followed and for the next couple of months I was carefully following the Internet daily for vehicles all over Europe. I did find a couple of interesting one but they either were sold too soon or have been way too expensive. All this until the beginning of July... When I found the eBay listing for a Land Cruiser in London which weirdly had Prado written on the back. It was silver, never used off road, and was only 850 pounds. I had to have it... 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home